Spray Polyurethane Foam Alliance Elects First Female President, New Board
FAIRFAX, Va. — The Spray Polyurethane Foam Alliance has announced its newly elected board of directors for 2018-2020, including its first female president.
The Spray Polyurethane Foam Alliance (SPFA) is the educational and technical voice of the spray polyurethane foam industry.
Encompassing industry leaders from both the contractor and manufacturer sides of the business, the 16-member board includes an executive committee and 12 additional voting members.
“Our newly elected board of directors includes returning experienced members, new individuals offering fresh energy and ideas, as well as the necessary diversity spanning insulation and roofing contracting, SPF materials manufacturing and equipment, and companies of varying size and geographic location, in alignment with our broader SPFA membership priorities,” said Kurt Riesenberg, executive director of the SPFA. “I welcome each of these leaders and look forward to serving with them over the next two years as we work to continue the growth in the industry.”
The SPFA Executive Committee consists of:
- Tiffiny Flaim, president of SPFA and president of BIOFOAM;
- Bryan Heldreth, vice president of SPFA and vice president of RPC Industries;
- Richard Spiess, treasurer of SPFA and president of Innovative Insulation Solutions Ltd.;
- John Achille, past president of SPFA and vice president of Coastal Insulation
In a press release, the association noted that Flaim, president of BIOFOAM Inc., a Chicago-based SPF contractor, is the first female to hold the title of board president for SPFA. The organization is proud of reflecting the construction industry trends benefitting from womens’ leadership and ownership in the industry.
In addition to the executive committee, incoming voting members of the SPFA board are:
- John Cunningham, owner of AGL Sprayfoam;
- Nick Laudenbach, vice president of Fencil Urethane Systems;
- Bonnie Strickler, president and owner of PUFF Inc.;
- Ron Winkle, president of Roof Asset Management;
- Teri England, vice president of SmartChoice Insulation & Roofing;
- Jack Moore, president and CEO of West Roofing Systems;
- Joe Stockdale, industry relations, Spray Foam of Accella Polyurethane Systems (Carlisle);
- Todd Wishneski, technical service manager of BASF;
- Will Lorenz, vice president of sales of General Coatings;
- Nick Pagano, business development manager of Graco;
- Tyler Fiske, territory manager of Icynene-Lapolla;
- Mitch Clifton, director of sales and marketing of NCFI Polyurethanes
“Our new board of directors enters at a pivotal time for our industry. Construction sectors continue to grow at a strong pace,” said Flaim. “As the use of spray foam expands to meet consumer energy goals, we are faced with challenges including ongoing labor shortages, increasing regulatory actions and intense competition. I am confident that our new board members are the right team to help our membership navigate today’s marketplace with greater ease. I look forward to the time I serve as President and look forward to highlighting the positive attributes of this great industry.”
The current SPFA Board of Directors will be active from July 2018 through June 2020.