Chamberlin Roofing and Waterproofing nets seven A/E/C industry awards
Chamberlin Roofing and Waterproofing recently was awarded seven A/E/C industry awards for their quality workmanship, dedication to safety, and trade development.
The company is in its 121st year and continuing to grow as it serves Texas, Oklahoma, and surrounding states.
On March 21, 2018 Chamberlin Safety Director Justin Lambert and Vice President of Operations Andy Wharton accepted two awards from the Associated Builders & Contractors (ABC) at their Excellence In Construction Award ceremony in Long Beach, Calif.
- Chamberlin was honored with a national ABC Excellence in Construction Award, aka “Eagle Award”, for their innovative work and intuitive solutions to overcome obstacles on the Frisco Multi-Use Special Event Center and Dallas Cowboys World Headquarters project in Frisco, Texas. The Excellence in Construction awards program is the industry’s leading competition, with an Eagle Award presented to the top project in each category. The winning projects, selected from entries submitted from across the nation, were judged on complexity, attractiveness, unique challenges overcome, completion time, workmanship, innovation, safety and cost. Chamberlin’s work on this project was also recognized at the local level with a Distinguished Building Award from TEXO, the Construction Association.
- Chamberlin also received ABC’s National Safety Pinnacle Award (NSEA). This awards program recognizes companies who exhibit a continued commitment to jobsite safety and whose safety performance and programs are judged to be exemplary by the ABC National Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) Committee. The Pinnacle is the highest level of safety recognition received and "honors members who have created world-class safety processes and a safety culture where every employee understands that the wellbeing of those around them is everyone’s responsibility," said 2018 ABC National Chair George R. Nash, Jr.
Chamberlin received three industry awards honoring their in-depth balcony replacement on The Driskill, a historical landmark and the oldest operating hotel in Austin, Texas.
- Engineering News-Record (ENR) Texas & Louisiana Best Project Merit Award in the Specialty Contracting category. This awards program acknowledges collaboration and teamwork, design and construction solutions, safety record and construction craftsmanship.
- The Associated General Contractors’ (AGC) Austin Chapter Outstanding Construction Award for the Other Specialty category. The project was judged on the difficulty in construction resulting from design, final appearance, quality of the finished product and timeliness of completion.
- Sika Sarnafil’s 2017 Project of the Year Award. This competition highlights quality workmanship in the areas of design, application and installation.
Chamberlin also received the Associated General Contractors (AGC) of Oklahoma Chapter Build Oklahoma project award. This award recognizes the “Best of the Best” commercial building projects in Oklahoma for the year. Chamberlin received this award for their roofing scope on River Spirit Phase II Margaritaville Casino Expansion project.
Chamberlin Roofing Superintendent James Miller received the MVP Award of Merit from the National Roofing Contractor’s Association (NRCA) for his exceptional achievements and contributions to the roofing industry. This awards program recognizes and honors outstanding roofing workers across the nation.