Health Care Reform to Take Center Stage at Best of Success
TROY, Mich. — The Affordable Care Act (ACA) was signed into law on March 23, 2010, and several of its key provisions are scheduled for Jan. 1, 2014. In an effort to help business owners stay on top of changes in the law, Roofing Contractor has added a session on health care reform to its 2013 Best of Success lineup. The two-day conference will take place at the Wigwam resort in Phoenix Sept. 30-Oct. 1.
Karen Vines, Vice President of IMA, Inc., will present a session titled “Health Care Reform — What Employers Need to Know.” Vines has 27 years of experience in the employee benefits arena focusing on issues including compliance, strategic planning, benefit analysis, plan design, self-funding, consumer-driven health plans, value-based benefits, and implementing health risk management strategies. Over the past three years, Vines has been a featured speaker on health care reform for numerous audiences both regionally and nationally.
“Under the implementation cycle of the Affordable Care Act, ‘new norms’ in health care financing and delivery will emerge,” Vines said. “Employers that are preparing now have the best opportunity to create viable and sustainable strategies. In this evolving landscape, how you become educated and stay informed is your true key to success.”
“Health care reform is a topic contractors have told us they want to learn more about, so we are excited Karen Vines will be on hand to share her expertise,” said Jill Bloom, group publisher of Roofing Contractor. “That’s the goal of Best of Success — to provide tips and strategies business owners can implement right away to improve their companies. Many of our speakers are contractors themselves who are sharing their success stories with their peers.”
This year’s presentations include a panel discussion titled “Don’t Let I-9 Audits Kill You or Your Company,” led by Brad Beldon of Beldon Roofing Company, Scott Kawulok of B & M Roofing of Colorado, and Steve Little of KPost Company.
Other speakers and topics include:
• Richard Nugent, CEO, Nations Roof: “Strategic Job Planning and How It’s Worked Best For My Company”
• Nelson R. Braddy Jr., president and CEO of King of Texas Roofing Company and the current president of the National Roofing Contractors Association: “NRCA Update”
• Kevin Gwaltney, president, Diamond Roofing, and Joseph Bazzano, COO, Beacon Exit Planning, LLC: “Tough Questions Every Roofing Owner Should Ask Themselves Today”
• Arry Housh, Matthew Housh, and Stephen Housh of Arry’s Roofing Services: “Unite Your Company With Incentive Plans”
• Bill Baley, president, C.I. Services, Inc., and Chuck Chapman, president, Tecta America Arizona: “Think Big: Establishing Processes and Procedures”
• Chris Zazo, President and CEO, Aspenmark Roofing & Solar: “Customers for Life”
• Stephanie Gaydosik, controller, ProTouch Restoration: “How We Use ‘Work In Progress’ Billing to Manage Cash Flow and Expenses”
• Ricardo González, founder and CEO of Bilingual America: “The Intersect Between Cultural Leadership and Business Growth”
• Edwin G. Foulke Jr., partner, Fisher & Phillips LLP: “Safety: Root Causes of Near Misses”
• Chip Macdonald, President, Best Safety LLC: “The Future of Residential Fall Protection”
• Logan Beckman, Vice President of Sales, NMC Exteriors: “Motivating Your Sales Team”
• Michael Huntington, Director of Maintenance Operations, AAA Roofing Co: “Retaining Quality Workers and Maintaining Integrity in Tough Economic Times”
Sponsors of the 2013 Best of Success Conference include: 3M, ABC Supply, AccuLynx, Allied Building Products, BAK/Hapco, Black Rhino, CARE, CertainTeed, Dataforma, EagleView Technologies, Equipter, GAF, Grip Rite, Hunter Panels, IKO, Inspire Roofing Products, Johns Manville, Karnak Corp., National Roofing Partners, Owens Corning, Polyglass, Qualcraft Industries, Roofing Supply Group, SRS Distribution, TAMKO, and the United Association of Storm Restoration Contractors (UASRC).
Speakers are still being added to the program, which is subject to change. For more information about the 2013 Best of Success conference and a detailed agenda, visit www.bestofsuccessconference.com.