2013 RCI Symposium Offers Solutions for Building Envelope Repair and Maintenance
RALEIGH, N.C. — Building designers, facility managers and construction professionals will be in attendance at the RCI 2013 Symposium on Building Envelope Technology, Nov. 14-15, 2013 at the Hyatt Regency Minneapolis in Minneapolis.
The two-day program will feature 12 different educational sessions presented by leading building envelope designers. Speakers will offer experience-based insights for specification of sound, durable exterior envelopes. Most programs will focus on repair and sustainable design methods for strengthening and improving existing structures.
Leading building envelope product manufacturers will be present with displays of the latest products and services. More than 250 building-envelope professionals are expected to attend.
For more information, call 800-828-1902 or visit www.rci-online.org.
Educational Presentations will include:
El Paso Energy: Building Envelope Solutions for 1960s Vintage Construction
- Jerry Abendroth, RRC, RWC, RRO, CDT — Building Exterior Solutions LLC, Houston
The Last Few Feet: Parapet Design, Issues and Repairs
- Matthew Novesky, RA — Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates Inc., Chicago
- Logan Cook — Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates Inc., Chicago
Creative Solutions for Challenging Curtain Wall Conditions
- Derek B. McCowan, PE — Simpson Gumpertz & Heger Inc., Waltham, Mass.
- Joshua B. Kivela, PE — Simpson Gumpertz & Heger Inc., Waltham, Mass.\
Thermal Improvement of Existing Masonry Envelopes Using Prefabricated, Highly Insulated Curtain Walls
- Christoph Buxbaum, PhD — Carinthia University of Applied Sciences, Spittal/Drau, Austria
Air Barrier Performance
- Laverne Dalgleish — Air Barrier Association of America Inc., Washington
Evaluating As-Built Properties of Masonry Wall Systems Using Investigative Laboratory and In-Situ Testing Techniques
- Kenrick J. Hartman, LEED AP BD+C — Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates Inc., New York
- Thomas C. Kuczynski — Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates Inc., New York
Developments in Wind Testing of Building Envelope Systems
- Peter Irwin, PhD, PEng — Florida International University, Miami
On the Edge? Defensive Strategies for Roof Perimeters
- Wilma Leung, CEng, LEED AP — Williams Engineering Canada, Edmonton, AB
- Gordon Rajewski, RET — Williams Engineering Canada, Edmonton, AB
Does My Wall Assembly Have to Comply With NFPA 285?
- Heather Paschal, AIA, LEED AP — Henry Company, Highland Village, Texas
Monitored Field Performance of Conventional Roofing Assemblies: Measuring the Benefits of Insulation Strategy
- Marcus Dell, PEng — RDH Building Engineering Ltd., Vancouver, BC
Evaluation of a Panelized EIFS Wall Assembly System
- Chris Norris, PE, LEED AP, CEI — Morrison Hershfield, Atlanta, Ga.
- Dominick P. Baruffi, II — Jersey Panel Corporation, Vineland, N.J.
Air Barrier Quality Assurance: A New Model for Achieving Success for Your Next Air Barrier Project
- Timothy A. Mills, PE, LEED AP — TAM Consultants Inc., Williamsburg, VA