The Roofing Industry Alliance for Progress announced the winners of its 11th annual Most Valuable Player (MVP) Awards at the National Roofing Contractors Association's 124th Annual Convention, which was held Feb. 14-18 in Las Vegas. Following are the 2011 MVP Award winners:
- Will DeGrace, superintendent for Baker Roofing Co., Raleigh, N.C.
- Frank Delgado, superintendent for RSI Roofing, San Diego
- George Denton, superintendent for Supreme Systems Inc., Dallas
- Robert Marshall, foreman for Centimark Corp., King of Prussia, Pa.
- Kevin Moretz, foreman for Centimark Corp., Jessup, Md.
- Charlie Navatta, superintendent for Supreme Systems Inc., Dallas
- Gary Pegump, superintendent for T&K Roofing and Sheet Metal Co., Ely, Iowa
- Tomas Perez, superintendent for Star Roofing Inc., Phoenix
- Ernesto Ruiz, foreman for AAA Roofing Co. Inc., Indianapolis
- Donald Wohlfeil Jr., superintendent for Noffke Roofing Co. LLC, Mequon, Wis.
- Jorge Aguilar-Cruiz, driver for Allied Building Products Corp., Long Island City, N.Y.
- Jack Garrett, superintendent for Black Roofing Inc., Boulder, Colo.
- Melvin Gill, warehouse employee for ABC Supply Co., Bridgeport, Conn.
- John Hunnicut, foreman for Harness Roofing Inc., Harrison, Ark.
- Elvis Kremic, foreman for Centimark Corp., Rocky Hill, Conn.
- Matt Mattison, foreman for Centimark Corp., Garner, N.C.
- Hector Molina, superintendent for KPostCompany, Dallas
- Antonio Moscoso, foreman for Maggio Roofing, Takoma Park, Md.
- Joseph Quintana, superintendent for B&M Roofing of Colorado Inc., Frederick, Colo.
- David Wilson, foreman for Centimark Corp., Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.
The Roofing Industry Alliance for Progress was established within the National Roofing Foundation (NRF) to create an endowment fund to serve as a highly focused resource for the roofing industry and its customers. The Alliance's objectives are to conduct research and education projects that support high-quality programs for roofing contractors; ensure timely and forward-thinking industry responses to major economic and technological issues; and enhance the long-term viability and attractiveness of the industry to roofing workers. The Alliance also reaches out to the roofing community and its members and helps fund efforts dedicated to good works and charitable giving. More information about the Alliance is available at www.roofingindustryalliance.net.
For more information about the MVP Awards program or next year's nominations, contact Bennett Judson, the Alliance's executive director, at (800) 323-9545, ext. 7513 firstname.lastname@example.org.