The 19th annual METALCON International Conference and Exhibition - the only resource offering all the products and ideas for designing and building with metal - will be held Oct. 6-8 at the Tampa Bay Convention Center in Tampa, Fla. The conference is themed, “Innovate. Build. Sustain,” and will include innovative products for designing and building structures with metal, a comprehensive education program offering market insight and ideas that inspire, and live-action demos of the latest techniques for roofing, architectural and structural applications of sustainable metal, which is recognized for its low maintenance, high durability and the ability to be recycled.
This annual one-of-a-kind show draws nearly 8,000 designers, builders, developers, contractors, fabricators, and suppliers from more than 50 countries. Experts from more than 300 companies exhibit the latest products and technology and share their knowledge with attendees. METALCON receives enormous industry support. The event is sponsored by The Metal Construction Association; and nearly100 other industry organizations and publications support it0. Here’s a look at what to expect:
- More than 800 booths will be filled with a selection of the latest building products and services for those who design and build with metal, or want to learn all about metal.
- The Green Island exhibit area featuring metal-related products that meet green building standards for recycled content, recyclability, durability, and energy efficiency.
- The Gutter Pavilion, a popular show-within-a-show introduced in 2008, features exhibits filled with the latest products and ideas for this market.
- A comprehensive conference offering continuing education credits covers every aspect of building with metal from the basics to the latest materials, tools, techniques, building codes, applications, steel framing, green building, and business management.
- Industry experts present of the latest applications and field techniques in daily live-action demonstrations organized by members of the MCA councils.
- A full-size, steel-framed home built inside the exhibit hall in 2 1/2 days will show the benefits of steel framing. After METALCON, the structure will be donated to the non-profit Homes for Our Troops organization to become a new home for a disabled veteran.