A Detroit man was arrested last week after tossing bags of cocaine onto the roof of a Red Lobster and adjacent Texas Roadhouse restaurants in St. Clair County, Mich., as he fled from authorities, officials reported.

The suspect, Eric Talton, 29, was arrested by the county's Drug Task Force team on July 3, as first reported by WWJ-TV.  Authorities attempted to arrest Talton at a third restaurant in Fort Gratiot Township, about 66 miles northwest of the city and less than seven miles from the international border crossing in Sarnia, Mich., but he fled on foot. 

A map of the area from Detroit to the crime scene in St. Clair Co., Mich.During the pursuit, Talton purportedly threw 18.5 grams of cocaine onto the roof of a Red Lobster restaurant and an additional 1.8 grams onto the roof of the adjacent Texas Roadhouse restaurant in the bedroom community of 11,000 near Lake Huron.

Authorities recovered both bags of cocaine, and Talton was taken into custody. A search revealed that he also had $1,020 in cash on him. 

Talton was taken to St. Clair County Detention and Intervention Center, where he was charged with possession with intent to deliver cocaine, tampering with evidence, resisting and obstructing, and maintaining a drug house.

He was given a $50,000 bond.

The man’s arrest followed the execution of two search warrants ahead of Independence Day that resulted in the arrest of a 48-year-old woman from Port Huron and a 38-year-old man from Eastpointe, about 14 miles northwest of Detroit. 

Those suspects were each charged with possession with intent to deliver methamphetamine, a felony punishable by up to 20 years in prison. The 38-year-old was also charged with possession of cocaine, a felony punishable by up to four years.

There is no word on the lobster's condition, but sources said its claws were snapping at a quickened pace.

A street view of the crime scene.The Red Lobster (at right) and Texas Roadhouse restaurants where more than 18 grams of cocaine were recovered, most of which was flung onto the roof of the now-shuttered seafood restaurant. Image courtesy of Google Earth.