Michigan-based Duro-Last celebrated the hard work of its contractors during its 38th annual National Sales Seminar, naming its 2023 Contractor of the Year and recognizing outstanding projects from the past year.
Held Jan. 22-24 at Loews Hollywood Hotel in Hollywood, Calif., the seminar welcomed more than 1,200 guests representing more than 230 certified Duro-Last roofing contractor companies. The event featured educational sessions, networking, company news and product announcements. It was also a time to honor the work and accomplishments of 2022.
“Our 38th annual sales seminar in Hollywood was an event unlike any other in the roofing industry,” Duro-Last CEO Tom Saeli said. “It is an opportunity to celebrate, educate and learn from and with our contractors. We set records for square footage produced and sold in 2022, and we’re optimistic about 2023. The time we spend at Seminar each year with our contractors ensures we understand their upcoming needs, and it gives us an opportunity to achieve our mission — to ‘wow our customers all ways always.’”
Contractor of the Year Award
Duro-Last’s 2022 Contractor of the Year is Royalty Roofing from Seymour, Ind. Royalty Roofing earned the Contractor of the Year distinction for its exceptional work, attention to detail, customer service and outstanding sales throughout 2022. Royalty Roofing, an authorized Duro-Last contractor for more than 25 years, also earned the distinction of being the first-ever recipient of the Duro-Last Platinum Eagle Award based on exceptional sales for 2022.
Six project awards were presented to contractors in the following categories:
Recognizing the project that best utilizes all aspects of a Duro-Last Roofing System and demonstrates a dedication to outstanding workmanship, best practices, innovation and customer service.
- Contractor: Mid-Western Commercial Roofers from Mobile, Ala.
- Project: First Baptist Church in Biloxi, Miss.
Recognizing the project that best utilizes Duro-Last’s custom-fabricated membrane and accessories throughout the roofing system.
- Contractor: Damschroder Roofing from Freemont, Ohio
- Project: Arch Building, The Andersons in Maumee, Ohio
Recognizing the project that best utilizes Duro-Last products for the entire roofing system – from Edge-to-Edge & Deck-to-Sky.
- Contractor: Old South Construction Company from Wetumpka, Ala.
- Project: Riverton Intermediate School in Huntsville, Ala.
Recognizing the project that best utilizes EXCEPTIONAL® Metals metal roofing and wall panels.
- Contractor: PMR Roofing from Dallas
- Project: Val Verde County Courthouse in Del Rio, Texas
Recognizing the project that best utilizes Duro-Last roll good products.
- Contractor: Great Lakes Roofing and Insulation Systems, Inc. from Sault Saint Marie, Mich.
- Project: Treetops Resort in Gaylord, Mich.
Recognizing the project that best utilizes Duro-Last products or services to reduce the environmental impact of the building.
- Contractor: Royalty Roofing Inc.
- Project: Crothersville Junior/Senior High School in Crothersville, Ind.