LENEXA, Kan. — DaVinci Roofscapes has announced the five winners of the 2020 DaVinci Masterpiece Contractor Project of the Year Awards. Three residential and two commercial projects from across the country are being honored with the prestigious award.
Qualifications for DaVinci Masterpiece Contractors to receive the award include excellence of installation work, outstanding visual impact and ability of the roofing work to transform the look of a home or commercial project.
The top honors for residential projects are awarded to:
- Eaton Roofing & Exteriors Inc. out of Wichita, Kan., for reroofing the home of Mark and Heather Whitaker with a DaVinci Multi-Width Slate roof in Slate Black. The castle-like home and attached carriage house has steep-pitched roofs along with a turret.
- Walsh Roofing, out of Palm City, Fla., for reroofing a 10,000-square-foot home in Stuart, Fla. A Bellaforté Shake roof in a Mountain blend was installed following an unfortunate lightning strike that caused the original roof on the home to catch fire.
- John Higgins Weatherguard Inc. out of Omaha, Neb., for reroofing two houses and two carports on a private estate. DaVinci Select Shake in a Black Oak color blend was used on all the structures to unify the roofs on the property.
The two commercial projects receiving top honors are:
- Premier Building & Renovations Corp. out of Farmingdale, N.Y., for installation of a Bellaforté Shake roof in a Weathered Gray color on the new Wellbridge Addition Treatment and Research Center in Calverton, N.Y. Six unique structures on the property required 10 workers on the project for 10 months.
- Tech Roofing Service Inc. out of Chicopee, Mass., for reroofing the Yiddish Book Center in Amherst, Mass. with DaVinci Multi-Width Shake in a Tahoe blend. Steep-slope roof sections with distinctive double rooflines on four buildings made the project a challenge.
“These projects represent the ‘best of the best’ for DaVinci installers,” said Wendy Bruch with DaVinci Roofscapes. “Each year this awards competition continues to shine a spotlight on the truly talented roofers throughout the nation using our composite slate and shake roofing tiles.”