The Alliance Announces 2016 Call for Project Funding
Rosemont, Ill. – To secure the future strength and excellence of the roofing industry, The Roofing Industry Alliance for Progress is announcing its 2016 Call for Funding. Requests for funding are due by March 1, 2016.
The Alliance funds critical research, education and technical projects to help preserve a profitable and competitive industry. It has funded more than $4 million in research, educational and technical projects.
“Alliance members believe it is vital for the roofing industry to be on the cutting edge of research and technology so roofing work continues to grow for roofing contractors, suppliers and manufacturers,” says William Good, CEO of the National Roofing Contractors Association (NRCA). “Ultimately, the Alliance funds projects that enhance the performance of the U.S. roofing industry.”
A few of the Alliance projects funded to date include:
· A national survey of roofing workers, conducted by The Gallup Organization, providing an in-depth examination of employee satisfaction in the roofing industry
· A special industry report on Latinos in Roofing
· The NRCA Roof Application Training Program series
· A study of roof longevity and replacement activity conducted by Ducker Worldwide
· A study at Penn State University on business and contract strategies for solar roof systems
· Support for Florida International University's Wall of Wind program — a full-scale destructive testing facility intended to better replicate roof performance under high-wind conditions
For information on specific criteria and the funding review process please visit http://www.roofingindustryalliance.net/About/Funding.