GAF Offers Variety of Los Angeles/Title 24 Compliant Colors
PARSIPPANY, N.J. — In response to recent changes in local code and increased demands for asphalt shingles featuring higher reflectivity levels, GAF is offering several products and colors that meet the new Los Angeles Green Building Code and California Title 24 guidelines.
The Los Angeles Green Building Code reflectivity requirement for a residential asphalt shingle is a minimum three-year aged solar reflectance of 0.20, a minimum thermal emittance of 0.75 or a solar reflectance index (SRI) of 16.
In accordance with this new code, GAF has eleven products that have been tested and listed with the Cool Roof Rating Council for sale in the city of Los Angeles and all other areas covered by California Title 24:
• Timberline Cool Series: Antique Slate, Weathered Wood and Barkwood
• Timberline Ultra HD: Birchwood
• Timberline HD: Birchwood, Copper Canyon and Golden Amber
• Timberline American Harvest: Amber Wheat
• Timberline Natural Shadow: Arctic White
• Royal Sovereign: White and Desert Sand
“GAF remains dedicated to sustainability and will continue to invest in products and technologies focused on energy savings,” stated Dan Witte, steep-slope product manager. “We fully support green-building initiatives and are committed to manufacturing eco-friendly products.”
For more information, visit www.gaf.com.