The most important part of the roof?
All of them.
A roof is more than just shingles. In fact, shingles are just one layer in an integrated system of components that all work together to protect the home. As a roofing contractor, you already know this. But it can be difficult to convince a homeowner of the importance of quality underlayment when all they see are the shingles on top. The Owens Corning™ Total Protection Roofing System™* is designed to make the benefits of this complex system easy to recognize — which makes it easier for you to sell a quality roofing system that both you and your customers will be proud of.
An integrated roofing system — layer by protective layer.
With the Total Protection Roofing System™*, you can assure your customers that every part of their roof is designed to work together for optimal performance and built to Owens Corning standards of quality. Elements of the Total Protection Roofing System™* include:
- VentSure® intake ventilation products. VentSure® intake ventilation products help replace warm, humid air in the attic with cool, dry air to help protect the roof from heat and moisture damage, ice damming and premature shingle deterioration.
- WeatherLock® Self-Sealing Ice & Water Barrier products. WeatherLock® Self-Sealing Ice & Water Barrier products help protect the roof where water has a tendency to collect or flow. They also help prevent damage from ice damming.
- Owens Corning™ underlayment products. Fiberglas® Reinforced Felt Underlayment and synthetic DECK DEFENSE® High Performance Roofing Underlayment provide an additional layer of protection against wind-driven rain between the wood decking and the shingles.
- Owens Corning™ Starter Shingle products. Owens Corning™ Starter Shingle products are the first step in the proper installation of shingles. They create a clean look at the eave and rake edge and help protect against shingle blowoffs and water infiltration in a vulnerable area of the roof.
- Owens Corning™ shingles. Shingles serve as the first layer of defense against the forces of nature and help define the character of the home. With innovations such as patented** SureNail® Technology and TruDefinition® Duration® color palette, Owens Corning™ shingles bring strength and beauty to your roof.
- VentSure® exhaust ventilation products. Exhaust ventilation components, such as VentSure® ridge or off-ridge vents, help draw air out of the attic, protecting the roof from heat and moisture damage.
- Owens Corning™ Hip & Ridge shingles. Owens Corning™ Hip & Ridge shingles add an attractive, finished look and provide additional protection. Owens Corning™ Roofing offers a variety of styles designed to match and complement our shingles.
The Owens Corning™ Total Protection Roofing System™* gives your customers the assurance that all of their Owens Corning™ roofing components are working together to help increase the performance of the roof — and to enhance the comfort and enjoyment of those who live beneath it. To learn more, call 1-800-GET-PINK® or visit roofing.owenscorning.com/totalprotection.
*Excludes non-Owens Corning™ roofing products such as flashing, fasteners and wood decking.
**SureNail® Technology U.S. Patent 7,836,654 and other patents pending