Registration Open for RCMA International Roof Coatings Conference
WASHINGTON — Industry professionals can now register for the Roof Coatings Manufacturers Association (RCMA) 2014 International Roof Coatings Conference (IRCC) to take place at the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Hotel Baltimore July 14-17. Offered in partnership with nine industry organizations, the conference will highlight the latest technological advancements and emerging issues of relevance to the roof coating, building envelope, green building, cool roofing, research and architectural communities.
The second biennial IRCC is back by popular demand following the well-received inaugural 2012 IRCC, which was attended by more than 120 industry representatives. This year, RCMA has partnered with nine U.S. and international organizations to bring you the 2014 IRCC. Conference partners include:
• Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL)
• Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL)
• National Research Council Canada (NRC)
• Canadian Paint and Coatings Association (CPCA)
• Liquid Roofing and Waterproofing Association (LRWA)
• Global Cool Cities Alliance (GCCA)
• European Cool Roofs Council (ECRC)
• American Council for an Energy Efficient Economy (ACEEE)
• Alliance to Save Energy (ASE)
“We are thrilled to partner with such an outstanding group of organizations, each sharing RCMA’s vision to deliver excellent educational content and programming,” said RCMA Executive Director John Ferraro. “The conference will feature presentations on topics covering everything from roof coatings to cool roofing to sustainability and promises to be highly valuable to both member and non-member attendees.”
The conference will begin with an opening reception on the evening of Monday, July 14 and will continue through noon on Wednesday, July 16. The following speakers will be delivering presentations on a range of timely topics, sharing their research papers with meeting attendees and participating in dialogues about the future of the coatings industry:
• Dr. Karma Sawyer, United States Department of Energy: “The Building Envelope Emerging Technologies Portfolio in DOE's Building Technologies Office”
• Alice Kennedy, Baltimore Office of Sustainability: “Advancing Installation of Reflective Roofing Systems through Community-Based Social Marketing and the Baltimore Energy Challenge”
• Dr. James L. Hoff, Center for Environmental Innovation in Roofing: “Introducing the RoofPoint Energy and Carbon Calculator: Measuring the Energy and Environmental Contributions of Roofing Systems”
• Jeffrey Steuben, Cool Roof Rating Council: “When the Going Gets Rough: The Impact of Substrate Texture on Solar Reflectance Ratings”
• Dr. Hashem Akbari, Concordia University: “Advances in Developing Standards for Accelerated Aging of Cool Roofing Materials”
• Michael D. Fischer, Kellen Company: “Energy Efficiency and Sustainability in Codes and Standards: Impact on the Roof Coatings Industry”
• Dr. Justin Jitao Chen, Dr. Steven Jiguang Zhang, Dr. Joseph Rokowski and Loganathan Ravisanker, Dow Chemical Company: “Novel PUA Hybrid Chemistry for Elastomeric Roof Coatings”
• Joe Mellott and Tom Diamond, The Garland Company: “Overcoming Vapor Drive Issues in Cool Roofing”
• Kurt Shickman, Global Cool Cities Alliance: “Cool Surfaces: An International Opportunity”
• Dr. Michael R. Van De Mark, Missouri S&T Coatings Institute: “Solvent Reduction Technology - What are the Rules?”
• Dr. Kaushik Biswas, Oak Ridge National Laboratory: “Impact of Dynamic Insulation Technologies on Steep-Slope Roof Assemblies”
• Steve Heinje, Quest Construction Products: “The Roots and Future of Sustainability”
The RCMA Summer Meeting, open to both RCMA members and non-member guests, will follow the conclusion of the IRCC programming and will continue through the morning of Thursday, July 17. Highlights of the RCMA portion of the event will include guest speakers from Health Product Declarations Collaborative and the American Trucking Association, detailed reports on the activities of each of the Association’s committees, and industry updates on the latest regulatory and technical news.
Discounted early bird registration will run from April 8 through May 16.
For more information, visit www.roofcoatings.org.