Roofing Contractor Releases Schedule for Best of Success 2013
TROY, Mich.— Roofing Contractor magazine has released the preliminary schedule for its ninth Best of Success Conference, which will take place at the Wigwam resort in Phoenix Sept. 30-Oct. 1. More than 339 roofing professionals attended last year’s event, and Best of Success has earned a reputation as the premier educational event in the roofing industry. This year’s two-day conference will include sessions on topics including business management, sales and marketing, safety regulations, customer service, and much more.
“We are excited to have a dynamic lineup of speakers covering topics contractors have told us they want to learn more about,” said Jill Bloom, group publisher of Roofing Contractor. “Most of our speakers are contractors who will be sharing insights on practices that have helped them improve their businesses. That’s the goal of Best of Success — to provide tips and strategies business owners can implement right away to make their companies more successful.”
This year’s presentations include a panel discussion titled “Don’t Let I-9 Audits Kill You or Your Company,” led by Brad Beldon of Beldon Roofing Company, Scott Kawulok of B & M Roofing of Colorado, and Steve Little of KPost Company.
Other speakers and topics include:
- Richard Nugent, CEO, Nations Roof: “Strategic Job Planning and How It’s Worked Best For My Company”
- Nelson R. Braddy Jr., president and CEO of King of Texas Roofing Company and the current president of the National Roofing Contractors Association: “NRCA Update”
- Kevin Gwaltney, president, Diamond Roofing: “Tough Questions Every Roofing Owner Should Ask Themselves Today”
- Arry Housh, Matthew Housh, and Stephen Housh of Arry’s Roofing Services: “Unite Your Company With Incentive Plans”
- Bill Baley, president, C.I. Services, Inc.: “Think Big: Establishing Processes and Procedures”
- Chris Zazo, President and CEO, Aspenmark Roofing & Solar: “Customers for Life”
- Stephanie Gaydosik, controller, ProTouch Restoration: “How We Use ‘Work In Progress’ Billing to Manage Cash Flow and Expenses”
- Ricardo González, founder and CEO of Bilingual America: “The Intersect Between Cultural Leadership and Business Growth”
- Edwin G. Foulke Jr., partner, Fisher & Phillips LLP: “Safety: Root Causes of Near Misses”
- Chip Macdonald, President, Best Safety LLC: “The Future of Residential Fall Protection”
- Logan Beckman, Vice President of Sales, Hoffman Weber Construction: “Motivating Your Sales Team”
- Michael Huntington, Director of Maintenance Operations, AAA Roofing Co: “Retaining Quality Workers and Maintaining Integrity in Tough Economic Times”
Sponsors of the 2013 Best of Success Conference include: 3M, ABC Supply, AccuLynx, Allied Building Products, BAK/Hapco, CARE, CertainTeed, EagleView Technologies, Equipter, GAF, Hunter Panels, Inspire Roofing Products, IKO, Johns Manville, Karnak Corp., National Roofing Partners, Owens Corning, Polyglass, TAMKO, and the United Association of Storm Restoration Contractors (UASRC).
Speakers are still being added to the program, which is subject to change. For more information about the 2013 Best of Success conference and a detailed agenda, visit www.bestofsuccessconference.com.