ARMA Announces Winners of 3rd Annual QARC Awards Program
NEW YORK — The Asphalt Roofing Manufacturers Association (ARMA) has announced the winners of its 3rd annual Quality Asphalt Roofing Case Study (QARC) Awards Program. QARC is designed to recognize architects, contractors and specifiers who use asphaltic roofing materials on low-slope and steep-slope building projects.
Industry judges awarded the top three prizes to one residential and two commercial projects for their roofing design, craftsmanship and versatility. Unique aesthetics, energy efficiency, durability and safety were important factors in the judging criteria.
The winners are:
- Gold: National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Building in La Jolla, Calif. (Protech Roofing Service)
- Silver: Mill Creek Community Association (MCCA) Residence in Mill Creek, Wash. (Chris Howard Roofing, LLC)
- Bronze: American Life & Insurance Company in Louisville, Ky. (American Roofing & Metal Co., Inc.)
The honorable mentions are:
- Brent Gibson Classic Home Design in Edmond, Okla. (J&L Roofing)
- Saint Petersburg College in Clearwater, Fla. (McEnany Roofing and Contracting, Inc.)
- Casa Del Sol Townhomes inSanta Rosa, Calif. (Creative Roofing of Northern California)
The top three winners receive a check from ARMA in the amounts of $2,000, $1,000 and $500, and will have their roofing projects featured on the QARC website. ARMA is now accepting submissions for the 2014 awards campaign. For more information, visit www.qualityasphaltroofingcasestudy.comor www.asphaltroofing.org