SAN ANTONIO — The Roofing Industry Alliance for Progress announced the winners of its 13th annual Most Valuable Player (MVP) Awards at the National Roofing Contractors Association’s 126th Annual Convention and the 2013 International Roofing Expo held Feb. 3-7 in San Antonio.
The MVP Awards program recognizes and honors outstanding roofing workers from various U.S. regions. The winners were chosen based on their significant contributions in one or more of the following areas: outstanding on-the-job performance; on-the-job safety performance; contributions to a team effort; community service and volunteerism; and other noteworthy contributions and activities. The winners are:
• Paul Carlsen, foreman for CentiMark Corp., Bloomington, Minn.
• Daniel Pastore, superintendent for Upstate Roofing & Painting Inc., Rochester, N.Y.
• Earl Stewart, field worker for Elliott Roofing, Oklahoma City
Additionally, the Alliance named the following MVP Awards finalists:
• Jason Gibson, superintendent for Chamberlin Roofing & Waterproofing, Dallas
• Luis Hernandez-Avila, foreman for Douglass Colony Group, Commerce City, Colo.
• John Whitten, superintendent for KPostCompany, Dallas
The Alliance also named Carlsen and Stewart finalists for community service and volunteerism and other noteworthy contributions and activities, respectively.
For more information, visit www.roofingindustryalliance.net.