CLINTON, Ohio — The Roofing Industry Committee on Weather Issues, Inc., (RICOWI), will host their 2013 series of Spring meetings Thursday, March 14 – Friday, March 15, 2013, at the Rosen Shingle Creek Resort in Orlando, Fla. The Spring Meeting series will include the Spring Board Meeting, the Annual Meeting, Committee Meetings and the full day Spring Seminar. The focus of the Spring Seminar is: “Weather Effects on Air Sealing and Ventilating”.
The RICOWI Spring Meetings will again be held in conjunction with the RCI International Convention & Trade Show, to be held March 14 -19, 2013, also at the Rosen Shingle Creek Resort.
The Spring Seminar “Weather Effects on Air Sealing and Ventilating” promises to be an exciting learning opportunity and a chance to discuss the research presented with industry colleagues. Confirmed presentations include:
• Roofing Jujitsu: A Low Pressure Roof Vent System Combats High Winds, Dr. Elizabeth Grant / Virginia Tech
• New Research on Wind Resistance of Asphalt Shingle Roofing, Dr. Forrest Masters & Craig Dixon / University of Florida Gainesville
• Rooftop Solar PV – Field Observations in the Wake of Hurricane Sandy, Phillip Dregger / Technical Roof Services & Tom Kelly / 2001 Company
• Utilizing Closed-cell Spray Polyurethane Foam Adhesive for Wind Uplift Enhancement of Wooden Roof Decks, Jason Hoerter PE, RRO/ NFCI Polyurethanes
• Effects of Internal Pressurization and Observed Failure Modes and Mitigation Techniques, Dr. Timothy Reinhold / Insurance Institute for Business & Home Safety
• Negative Pressure “Uplift” Testing Procedures, Richard Canon RRC, PE, FRCI / Canon Consulting & Engineering Co., Inc.
For additional information regarding the “Weather Effects on Air Sealing and Ventilating” Seminar program specifics, or to register to attend any of the meetings in the series, contact RICOWI (330-671-4569), or refer to the RICOWI website www.ricowi.com. To obtain the early registration rate for the Seminar, register by no later than Feb. 15, 2013. Member registration before February 15, 2013: $250.00; Non-Member registration before February 15: $275.00.
The RCI group rate at the Rosen Shingle Creek Resort for single & double rooms of $189.00 + 12.5 percent tax or $439.00 + 12.5 percent tax for one bedroom executive level will be extended to RICOWI Meeting attendees. Refer to RCI International Convention & Trade Show as the group name. The Rosen Shingle Resort’s reservation number is: 866-996-6338. To obtain the discounted group rate, you must reserve by Feb. 15, 2013. Complete details have been posted online.
For more information, visit www.ricowi.com.
Report Abusive Comment