Greg Hoffman is President and co-founder of Roofing Contractor Marketing, a company specializing in marketing and advertising for roofing contractors. (Despite the similarity in name, the company is not related to our magazine.)
In his presentation at our Best of Success conference, he maintained the Internet, smart phones, and social media sites such as Facebook are transforming the media landscape. “Consumer media usage has changed dramatically over the past several years,” he said. “Everything has changed, and your media mix and marketing has to change, too.”
His presentation titled “The Top 10 New Marketing Fundamentals for Roofing Contractors” was designed to help roofing contractors find the most efficient strategies for generating leads in this new environment. In reverse order, he offered the following ten tips:
10. Include your Web address on everything.
9. Get your website smart phone ready.
8. Build more trust on your website.
7. Add promotional video to your website.
6. Add an “easy fill” form to your home page.
5. Use a Google sponsored links campaign every month.
4. Make offers on your website.
3. Start a social media strategy.
2. Get your company listed on page one of Google for roofing-related searches.
1. Ensure your website is sales oriented and expect good leads.
- “So many websites today are really brochures,” Hoffman said.
“We like to call it your 24/7 salesperson. Encourage engagement with
incentives.” He also recommended having someone available for live chats.
Hoffman urged contractors to include industry affiliations and local endorsements form organizations such as the Better Business Bureau. “Roofing companies have a bit of a bad rap we have to overcome. We have to build a lot of trust with consumers.”
Look for more coverage of Hoffman’s presentation and the rest of the Best of Success seminars in our December issue of Roofing Contractor.
For more information about Hoffman’s company, visit www.roofingcontractormarketing.com.