BOCA RATON, Fla. — Venture Construction Group of Florida (VCGFL) teamed up with Kendra Scott to raise funds for the ALS Association. The Kendra Gives Back Party event was held on Feb. 11 at Kendra Scott - Mizner Park. Open to the public, the pre-Valentine’s Day fundraiser included sips, sweets, and a fun shopping event. Twenty percent of all sales donated to the ALS Association Florida Chapter.

The mission of the ALS Association is to lead the fight to treat and cure ALS through global research and nationwide advocacy, while also empowering people with ALS and their families to live fuller lives by providing them with compassionate care and support.

“We are thrilled to partner with Kendra Scott once again! We are ongoing supporters to fight for a cure and support those living with ALS. These events are a great way to raise awareness and help in the advancement to find a cure,” said Stephen Shanton, CEO and president of Venture Construction Group of Florida (VCGFL).

Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), also known as Lou Gehrig’s disease, is a progressive neurodegenerative disease that affects nerve cells in the brain and spinal cord. The cause of ALS is not known, and no cure exists.

According to the ALS Association, over 5,000 new cases are diagnosed every year. It’s estimated that 30,000 people in the U.S. live with the disease. Most people who develop ALS are between the ages of 40 and 70, with an average age of 55 at the time of diagnosis. ALS is 20% more common in men than in women. However, with increasing age, the incidence of ALS is more equal between men and women. Recent studies show that military veterans are twice as likely to develop ALS. About 90% of ALS cases occur without family history, which is known as sporadic ALS. The remaining 10% of ALS cases are inherited through a mutated gene, which is known as familial ALS.

VCGFL is an award-winning construction and restoration company committed to giving back and supports numerous ALS organizations and programs each year.