Two men working the roof of a New Hampshire home last night suffered serious injuries after their ladder made contact with overhead wires.
According to WHDH, emergency crews responded to reports of the incident at a home in Derry, N.H. around 6:30 p.m. Two men were found in cardiac arrest with CPR in progress when emergency responders arrived.
One of the men was airlifted to the Massachusetts General Hospital while the other was transported to Parkland Medical Center before being transferred to Brigham and Women’s Hospital. Patch reports both men suffered life-threatening injuries and were considered “Status 1” patients, which is the most critical status.
Neighbors told Patch that the two men were performing roofing work all day and removing shingles from the home. Two ladders were located on the ground where the men were found, and wires could be seen overhead. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration is investigating the incident.
The name of the roofing company has not been made public.
According to the Center for Construction Research and Training, 79 fatalities in construction occurred in 2019 due to electrocution, accounting for 7.2% of all fatal work-related deaths that year.
Report Abusive Comment