NERCA to Hold “Exit and Succession Seminar” for Owners Oct. 19-20
This comprehensive presentation will be led by Kevin Kennedy of Beacon Exit Planning, who exited his 62-year-old roofing company by transferring it to the fourth generation of five non-family associates. Also joining Kevin will be a team of other expert advisors specializing in accounting, valuation, legal, insurance, financial and estate planning.
“Most owners have more than 70 percent of their wealth trapped in their business and need a blueprint to ‘unlock’ their cash, build back their business value, replace themselves and retire,” said Kennedy.
The class will be limited to 15 attendees because of the popular individual exiting audits provided to each contractor. This exit and succession planning seminar is designed and led by a retired NERCA contractor customized for roofing contractors.
According to Kennedy, most owners’ exits stall because they are mentally stuck in their business and cannot figure out how to monetize the trapped illiquid wealth in their business. Key questions for owners include:
- How much is the company worth?
- How much money will I have left after the taxes and fees?
- How much money do I need to have at closing to replace my income and retire?
- What is the best legal structure that best fits my goals for the transfer?
- How do I structure this to reduce taxes and estate issues?For more information, watch this Seminar Video and read the seminar brochure "Cashing Out & Moving On.” Click Here to Register Online Now or call NERCA to Register at 781-849-0555.