Have you considered using metal panels in building and roofing upgrades? Metal roofing panels offer significant advantages over traditional roofing material, including the ability to be integrated with the existing structural system. For buildings that need to comply with strict code requirements, metal roofing panels offer multiple solutions that can meet design and engineering needs.
Save Money with Metal Roofing
Using metal instead of asphalt shingles for roofing provides several cost-saving benefits, including:
- 60-year lifespan: The strength and durability of metal is unparalleled compared to traditional asphalt shingles and weathers the elements for a much longer period of time.
- Sustainability: Cool roof coatings are extremely energy-efficient, saving you cost associated with heating and cooling your building. With strict requirements in place for buildings today, reducing energy and maintenance costs is top-of-mind, and metal roofing is a simple solution that offers both. Many vendors work with LEED project documentation and have EPDs using LCA results for core panels.
- Higher Quality Material: From insulated to standing seam and exposed fastening roof panels, roof panel selections are available in gauges ranging from 22 to 29, with a variety of finishes and coatings to ensure your metal roof stands the test of time.
- Extensive Warranties: Signature panels each come with their own unique warranty, with coverage for features including film integrity, chalk and fade, and more depending on the product.
It is important to note that when working with older buildings, there is a possibility of degradation of the subsurface as well as pre-existing structural issues such as overloading the structure.
Metal roofing panels are a durable and energy-efficient alternative to standard roofing products.
Panels & Systems for Every Application
- Standing Seam Panels: Commonly used for a variety of commercial, residential, and recreational applications, these are some of the most durable and versatile systems available, offering everything from mechanically field-seamed panels to curved and snap-together options. No matter what your building is used for, these systems withstand the elements and have fire and impact resistance ratings.
- Lightweight Panels: Lightweight panels can be used as framing and sheeting materials. For example, the BattenLok® HS is a high strength standing seam roof systems that can be installed directly over the purlins or bar joints. The type of metal paneling chosen for your roofing systems allows for additional customization by being able to choose your color from an extensive color chart. Experienced professionals will be able to match the retrofit roof panels to the new roof membrane.
- Exposed Fastening: Exposed fastener roof panels are sure to exceed expectations. Cost-effective and easy to install, these panels are often used in commercial and agricultural buildings and are designed for both vertical and horizontal installation.
- Retrofit Systems: Selecting the correct roofing system is critical in the retrofitting process. The NuRoof® retrofit system has the capability to “stick-frame” the current supporting structure. The new retrofit system allows for redistribution of loads while increasing the energy-efficiency of the building. If you prefer installing new panels over existing roofing, the Retro-R® Panel can enable you to skip the removal of the existing roof entirely. This is a great option for saving time and cost related to installation and can keep your operation up and running with no downtime. The Retro-R® Panel’s Drip Stop membrane prevents rust from old roofs from interfering with new panels, providing a new look with a long-life span. With availability in both 26- and 29-gauge Galvalume Plus® and 200 color options, the Retro-R® roofing system is a great option for retrofitting.
Advantages and multiple applications allow metal roofing panels to be the ideal solution for your next new project or existing building. The wide variety of options that can easily integrate with any industry, location or existing structural system, will elevate any building project to the next level.