The popularity of standing seam metal roof and wall systems is easy to understand because of their beauty, durability, energy efficiency and other factors. They evoke both the past and the present, offering a variety of colors and profiles to the discerning architect or specifier. But not all standing seam metal systems are created equal. The savvy specifier will understand both, what the panels are made of and how and where they are made. In addition, attention to delivery, storage and installation will play a part in a successful project. Finally, the warranty will provide least exposure and most assurance for an effective, long-lasting and aesthetically striking project.
- Understand the basics of standing seam metal roof and wall systems.
- Identify grade vs. gauge and their importance for standing seam metal roofs and walls.
- Discuss oil canning and why it is prevalent with some metals but not others.
- Describe how to achieve greatest energy efficiency with metal roofs and walls.
- Describe storage, handling, onsite vs. controlled environment manufacturing, and how to obtain the right warranty for the product and application
Credits: 1 AIA LU; 0.1 IACET CEU
Speaker: Chad Engelsma, Business Development Associate, Exceptional Meals, a Division of Duro-Last, Inc.
Sponsors: DuroLast and Exceptional Metals (please pull logos from reg page and hyperlink